2008 IMPORTANT WALNUT GROVE ORDINANCES SUMMARIES:
* Complete texts of these Ordinances are available for inspection and on file at the Office of the City Clerk.
Ordinance 141: Prohibiting Nuisances
- It is unlawful to create or allow excessive noise or vibrations.
It is unlawful to allow or keep an accumulation of junk or other articles that attracts public attention, or in a manner allowing harboring of rodents or creating a fire, health or safety hazard from accumulation whether public or private property.
(*junk includes but is not limited to,copper, brass, metal, batteries,
rubber, wood, paper, furniture, appliances, dismantled or wrecked vehicles
- It is unlawful to sweep or blow grass clippings or leaves into the streets
- It is unlawful to shovel or plow snow into the streets
Ordinance 123: Curfew
- Children 15 and younger are not allowed on any public street, road, park, or public building unless accompanied by a parent or guardian between 10:00 PM and 5:00 AM. For ages 16 & 17 the hours are 12:00(midnight) – 5:00 AM.
Ordinance 175: Animal licensing & Regulation
- It is unlawful to have more than 2 pets (dogs or cats) per household.
- It is unlawful to have unlicensed pets in the City of Walnut Grove
- It is unlawful to allow animals running at large
- It is unlawful to allow excessive barking of a dog
Ordinance 174: Regulating Recreational Burning
- It is unlawful to have any recreational fire closer than 25 feet to any structure.
- It is unlawful to burn any garbage or paper. Only clean dry wood is allowed.
- It is unlawful to leave any recreational fire unattended by an adult.
- Recreational Fire Site Requirements include an area of no more than a (3) foot diameter circle completely surrounded by non-combustible and non-smoke producing material, either of natural rock, cement, brick, tile, or block of ferrous metal only and which area is depressed below ground, or on a raised bed. Included are permanent outdoor wood burning fire places.
Ordinance 134: Parking Regulations
- It is unlawful to allow a car to be parked on a city street for more than 72 hours without being moved, whether licensed or not.
- It is unlawful to park on a city street if there has been over 2 inches of snow, until it has been plowed.
- It is unlawful to park any vehicle on public or private property that is not licensed. Any unlicensed vehicle must be kept in an enclosed building.
Ordinance 153: Storm Water
- It is unlawful for any owner, occupant or user of any premises to direct into or allow any storm water, surface water or ground water to drain into the sanitary sewer system of the city. This includes sump pumps.