Propranolol belongs to β-blockers. It is prescribed for high blood pressure and arrhythmias.
|Tablet Strength:||80 mg, 40 mg|
|Best Price:||$0.31 Per Pill|
|Payment:||Visa, MasterCard, PayPal, BTC|
Where to Buy Propranolol?
Visit Canadian Pharmacy
Propranolol is prohibited for use in children and breastfeeding patients. During gestation, it can be used only when there is no other alternative, since the β-blocker has a negative effect on the baby.
Propranolol is a non-selective beta-blocker. It has antianginal, antihypertensive and antiarrhythmic effects.
After oral administration, propranolol is rapidly absorbed. Up to 93% of the accepted dosage binds to proteins. The maximum concentration in the blood is reached within 60-90 minutes after taking propranolol. In the liver, the active substance is metabolized. It is excreted in the urine, the half-life can vary from 3 to 5 hours.
Indications for use
Propranolol is used for the following pathologies:
- high blood pressure;
- coronary artery disease;
- cirrhosis of the liver;
- weakness of labor;
- hypertrophic cardiomyopathy;
- myocardial dystrophy;
- essential tremor;
- withdrawal state.
Propranolol can be used to prevent migraines.
Propranolol should not be taken if the patient has the following pathologies:
- bronchial asthma and COPD;
- severe form of bradycardia;
- violation of peripheral circulation;
- arterial hypotension;
- sinoatrial and atrioventricular block;
- Raynaud’s syndrome;
- unspecified and decompensated heart failure;
- cardiogenic shock;
- chronic liver pathologies;
- acute myocardial infarction;
- individual intolerance to the composition of the medication.
Method of reception
Propranolol is taken before meals.
The treatment regimen is selected by the doctor individually, depending on the specific diagnosis.
With increased pressure, propranolol is prescribed 40 mg twice a day. If this dosage is not enough, then you need to drink it 40 mg 3 times or 80 mg 2 times a day. The daily dosage should not exceed 320 mg.
During therapy, exacerbation of psoriasis is possible.
After long-term treatment, the dosage of the medication should be reduced gradually under the supervision of a physician.
For patients with pheochromocytoma, propranolol may be prescribed after a course of α-blockers.
A few days before the use of anesthesia, the intake of a β-blocker should be canceled or a drug for anesthesia should be selected that has a minimal negative inotropic effect.
During therapy, care should be taken when driving a car.
Taking the medication can cause the following side effects:
- slowing heart rate, heart failure, lowering blood pressure, AV block;
- impotence, vertigo, headaches;
- dry eye syndrome, visual impairment;
- abdominal pain, loose stools;
- pathological hair loss, rashes;
- laryngospasm, bronchospasm;
- increased activity of liver enzymes;
- withdrawal syndrome, decreased sex drive.
Leave A Comment